Monday, October 4, 2010

cupcakes for dinner

Friday night was the Iron Cupcake competition in Madison! Kinda like Iron Chef, but with cupcakes!
And we were the judges! Yes, for a mere $6 entry fee, we joined up with a cupcake-loving crowd of Madisonians. We picked up our 10 mini cupcakes from the 10 bakers and got to tasting and voting!


Since the event was held at the Washington Hotel Coffee Room, the bakers had to incorporate coffee into their cupcake creations. Yum!
Iron Cupcake Madison was also a fundraiser for the REAP Food Group in Madison. So we could feel good about our calorie-laden cupcake consumption!

One more thing - I'm so glad we went to Iron Cupcake because it meant we discovered the Washington Hotel Coffee Room! The coffee shop is beautiful! Spacious, but comfy-cozy with huge windows looking out over Monona Bay and across the water to downtown.

I didn't snap a picture of the view from inside, but Dave did get a shot from outside. Check out the great view of the Capitol from the lawn.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like loads of fun. Wish I could have been with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat idea..... I wish someone in this area did it. Those cupcakes look gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look so good! I just found your blog and my husband and i are looking into making a big move a few states over. If we do i would like to create a blog for all of my family and friends to see what we are up to. Do your family and friends read your blog often? I would love to learn more about you and your husband :0)
    Thanks Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie, thanks for stopping by! I know our Moms and a few good friends read, but I'm not sure our audience extends much further than that! The moms especially are our constant commenters, so I think they enjoy keeping up with it! You should go for it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete