Sunday, August 15, 2010

come sail away

Today we learned how to sail this boat...



On this lake!
And we survived to tell the tale despite 20mph wind gusts!

It was a fun and windy day! We had a couple hours of basic sailing lessons yesterday, but had to reschedule the bulk of the lesson to today because there wasn't enough wind. That wasn't an issue today. Wind and tons of it. We stayed out on Lake Wingra for a good five hours. Our instructor from Wingra Boats was great and the lesson culminated with us going out on our own on a butterfly. And tipping it - purposefully! To practice righting it, of course. We're definitely going back out next weekend. Only problem now is that as I'm sitting here on the couch, my inner ear is telling me I'm still floating...and there are only a few weekends of summer left.

4 comments:

  1. Makes me sick to think about it... guess I won't be taking sailing lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I have pretty bad motion sickness and it didn't affect me at all. I just had the ghost sensation last night, but not in a bad way. It's a lake, so no waves, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me preface that - it's a *small* lake, so no real waves. Still, it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete