Tuesday, August 14, 2012

vacation above the 45th parallel

Door County vacation  = my cup of tea. And I think it was Dave and Owen's too! First family vacation was a success! I was a little worried when we arrived Thursday and it poured all day and all night (thank god for the indoor pool) but the rest of the weekend was beautiful.

I grew up going to rocky beaches with tiny lapping waves in small inlets in New England and Canada.Then we moved to NC where I had to learn to navigate giant waves and grew to love wide sandy beaches that stretch for miles. When we moved to the Upper Midwest I just couldn't understand the love affair with lakes.  After this weekend, I get it. I totally get it.



More vacation posts to follow - this will be a vacation photo blog series! Hold on to your hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment