Sunday, January 30, 2011

so...how many kids are you having?


Dave and I are now the proud owners of three strollers!

Yes, three. I know. Ridiculous. All for one baby! But here's the situation. We really only needed the ones on the ends. And if we had bought these for full price, we would not have gotten the one in the middle. But we didn't pay full price, or even close. We got these used from one of Dave's colleagues who is selling off all her gently used baby stuff at rock bottom prices. And we had a blast going through her stuff - kind of like our own version of American Pickers, but the baby version - Baby Pickers! Think the History Channel would be interested?

Well anyway, back to the three strollers. The one on the left (for those of you who haven't been reading up on strollers for the past two weeks) is a Snap and Go for when the baby is very small and can't hold her head up. So, you just snap in the car seat and away you go! The one on the right is for when the baby is older. It's a lightweight, umbrella stroller that every mom I've polled says is the stroller they use all the time. So those are the two I was planning on buying.

The one in the middle is more of a Cadillac model of stroller. It does what the umbrella one does but has more bells and whistles and reclines all the way back (so maybe you can put a tiny baby in there, too...not sure). And the handles are adjustable, which for a short person, is a big deal! This is the one I would have made do without, but like I said, for these prices, we couldn't say no!

So after our "baby picking" expedition, we came home with:

-three strollers
-crib mattress
-crib mattress cover
-baby monitor
-cozy car seat cover (important in Wisconsin)
-Boppy
-Baby Bjorn carrier
-vibrating infant seat

All that for less than half the cost of that Cadillac stroller! What is it about finding great used stuff that's so exhilarating? I really think I've been watching too much of that American Pickers show.

I can't believe I just wrote three full paragraphs about strollers. But I do want to add that this was Dave's idea that I blog about this.

Oh and look at how cute Sam is!

6 comments:

  1. Keep blogging about things like this! Moms need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You got a great deal! They look brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, since you two are my most loyal customers, I will give you what you want to read!

    Yes, we did get a great deal! Although I did clean the heck out of those strollers (and everything else washable) when we got home. I even scrubbed all 24 of those little wheels. Dave helped me take apart the strollers so we could machine wash the soft parts and hand wash the cup holders and trays, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I said "customers"! I meant "readers"! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha - love it!!! You guys are going to be the BEST parents!

    ReplyDelete