Sunday, January 23, 2011

craft project!

I made a bulletin board a la Carrie McDonald!



The fabric is Amy Butler's Midwest Modern in optic blossom. All of Amy Butler's fabrics are gorgeous, so it was hard to pick. I love it so much!
The board is just a foam board from a craft store. A yard of fabric staple-gunned around the board coverd it perfectly. I just hung it on the wall in the blank space above our desk.


While I was waiting for the command hooks to adhere to the wall, I set the board on the couch. The cats had to inspect it immediately!

And then protect it lovingly.

I love the fabric so much I'm not sure I'll be able to cover it up with paper and push pins!

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and adds so much to the wall. I see why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Billie! I'm brainstorming other ways to use some of her other fabrics around the house. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You were my inspiration! I ended up re-hanging it about 3 inches higher - I think it looks better!

    ReplyDelete