Thursday, September 16, 2010

my kind of town

One great perk of moving to the Midwest is being close to Chicago. Chicago's a great city, but it's also home to some great friends. A few Saturdays ago, Dave and I made the trip from Madison down to Chicago. (Yes, it is weird for me to say we headed SOUTH to Chicago!)

It's a cheap and painless trip on the Metra train line. We picked up the train at the end of the line, which is in the little town of Harvard, Illinois. Harvard is a little less than an hour and a half drive from Madison. The train ride to Chicago was fun and only took a couple of hours. It delivered us right downtown to our good friends, Jen and Drew.

Here we are before the architecture tour of Chicago - by boat!



Obviously, I ganked this picture from the "Shoreline Cruises" website. Drew is the only person tall enough to be affected by the "proof" watermark. Sorry, Drew!

That night we had a delicious dinner in Old Town where we met up with Beth and Ross. The six of us then headed next door for the late show at Second City. It was a blast. I loved it. So much talent. I want to go back!

Before training it home on Sunday, we hit up the Bucktown Arts Festival. This was the art festival to end all art festivals. I could have burned a big hole in my pocketbook at that place! But I resisted. I'm saving up for next year's festival now!





1 comment: