Friday, March 25, 2011

nesting

So I guess this is what they call nesting. Never before have I cared so much about decorating a room. But I'm having fun, so I'm just going with it!

The original baby room ideas are here. The new concept is pretty much the same with some minor changes. (I know, it's ridiculous how serious I am about this.)

So here's the fabric for the crib skirt I'm making - it came in the mail from High Point, NC last week!
And here's the pattern I picked out for the crib bedding.

Do we like it? Kind of gender neutral, but masculine colors. And I think it will look great with the navy blue chair. The bedding is from Dwell Studio. They carry lots of cute but pricey crib bedding sets. So, instead of getting the whole set, I figured I could make a crib skirt, get only the Dwell crib sheets (instead of the entire set) and then make my own matching wall art. 

So how am I making the wall art? I'm pretty proud of this idea... Dwell sells matching wall art for the "Gio Aqua" pattern, but I was poking around on the Dwell site and saw they also sell samples of wallpaper in the pattern for only $10! So I ordered a sample and I'm going to wrap a canvas or two and make a wall hanging! Again, I know, this is really not that exciting to anyone but me, but I'm pretty proud of that idea!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's VERY exciting and I'm jealous of your crafting ability!! BTW, Baby Boy Crawley just received some pants made out of the same fabric!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! He got pants in the polka dot pattern? Or the animals? Either way, I love it!

    ReplyDelete