Wednesday, March 2, 2011

more baby crafts

It's winter in Wisconsin, so that means you (and by "you" I mean "I") have to keep busy so you don't go insane! At the time I made these in early February, we didn't know if Baby Boy Bell was a boy or a girl yet. So I indulged my crafty desires by decorating some onesies!


In my last post I said a "made" the onesies and "make" is a strong verb. I did not sew these together! Just did the design.


And by "did" I mean freezer-paper-stenciled designs (that I found online and traced) onto the clothes with fabric paint. So, don't be too impressed. If you can trace, iron, and dab a paint brush, you can do this! Here are a couple tutorials:

http://meganmonday.blogspot.com/2009/05/freezer-paper-stenciling-tutorial.html

http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-stencil-with-freezer-paper.html

I know I could be doing better things with my free time, but since we don't have the crib yet, this has been keeping my crafty needs met until I can get cracking on the baby's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment