Tuesday, February 1, 2011

yoga! yoga! yoga! and raquetball!

I've dibble and dabbled in yoga in the past - took a class one quarter at CCM, took a class or two at UNC, did a video from time to time - but it's really been a long time. I remember hearing that yoga is very good for pregnant women and so in January I started taking a prenatal yoga class at Blackbird Family Yoga in Middleton. I can tell you right now that my body has never felt so good in my entire life. Our instructor is very, very good and the other women in the class are so friendly. So it's really a mind+body thing going on, but the physical beneifts are so obvious, even from the first class. I highly recommend yoga to everyone! Good gyms and yoga studios have a variety classes - flow, gentle, etc. - so you can find one that suits you.


Dave and I also joined a gym in Madison. Supreme Fitness happens to be the oldest gym in town. We picked this gym for many reasons - one of the reasons being they have raquetball! 6 courts and 400 players (says their website)! Dave joined two leagues so he plays twice a week. Quite a different speed than my yoga class, but to each his own! Even though we stick to different activities, (although I've almost talked Dave into joining me at Body Pump) the gym membership has been a life-saver in this cold and snowy weather!

2 comments:

  1. I've been using a DVD "Yoga for the Rest of Us" and am really enjoying it. It's more work than it appears! I wish I had done yoga prior to the arrival of our two children but ideas change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, Jeremy went to body pump and couldn't walk for 2 days! You should go!!!

    ReplyDelete