Thursday, June 28, 2012

first steps

Yesterday, Owen took what I think counts as his first steps. We were outside in the backyard and had been playing with some water and toys in buckets and then he was holding my hand walking around. We stopped, and I kind of absent-mindedly moved away from him because we were also watering the lawn and I noticed a leak in the hose. When I looked up, he was still standing there solidly and then took four confident steps right towards me into my arms! In the past he has taken a few steps when we let go of his hand while walking (momentum), but this was the first time he truly walked from standing. All I can say is I'm so glad I wasn't in China for work and I guess there was a reason his daycare teacher got sick yesterday and he had to stay home with me!

Daycare caught this great shot of him walking at school today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment