Saturday, April 30, 2011

crazylegs classic - sorry no pictures!

I planned on having pictures to post from the Crazylegs Classic  - a 5 mile run that Dave finished this morning. I dropped him off, parked the car, and then walked to Camp Randall Stadium. The finish line was right in the middle of the football field. I found a great place to watch the runners crossing the finish line and I waited and watched and watched and waited...

I watched 20,000 runners cross the finish line but never saw Dave. Finally I started walking waddling towards Trader Joe's - our predetermined meeting place (if we couldn't find each other at the finish line). I looked at my phone and had a missed call from a number I didn't recognize. It was Dave. He was already at Trader Joe's and finally borrowed someone's cell phone to call me. Turns out he finished the race in great time, sat down, drank two beers, and then walked to Trader Joe's and hung out for 45 minutes all while I was standing there watching everyone else finish the race!

Sorry I didn't get any pictures, but congrats to Dave for an awesome run and beating his goal!

4 comments:

  1. Great story! Love your descriptions. You are forgiven for no pictures, Jennie. Congratulations, Dave. SO glad to hear you are busy and involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story for us. Frustrating for you. Good job with blog. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't get me wrong - it was fun for me, too! And funny! I was happy to be there and outside on a beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete